Principal | Engineering Manager
Mark joined Schlagel as an intern on one of the survey crews, and after receiving his Bachelor’s of Science in Civil Engineering from Kansas State University in 2003 began working in the office as a Staff Engineer. Mark now leads Schlagel’s Engineering Department and is a Principal with the firm.
Mark’s experience includes design and construction phase services for numerous academic, governmental, and private projects. He has extensive experience in completing street, storm water, and sanitary sewer design for public and private clients. His construction background provides him with the ability to derive the most efficient method of completing a project. Mark is always conscientious towards controlling job costs, meeting the project schedules, maintaining high quality standards, and meeting the client’s needs.
Away from work Mark enjoys hunting, fishing, vacationing with family and friends, and spending time tinkering around his property in Leavenworth County.
- Hydrologic and Hydraulic Studies
- Storm Sewer and Culvert Design
- Detention Analysis and Design
- Stormwater BMP Design
- Familiarity with Specifications & Various Municipalities
- Professional Engineer
- -Kansas #20329
- -Missouri #2009007268
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- American Water Works Association (AWWA)
- American Public Works Association (APWA)
- Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA)
- B.S. Civil Engineering Kansas State University 2003